Religious School happens on Sunday and is split into two sessions:
- 1st session is from 9am to 11:30am
- 2nd session is 11am to 1:30pm
Different grades attend during different sessions:
- All K-2nd grade students attend during 1st session
- 3rd-5th grade students can choose to register for either 1st or 2nd session
- All 6th-12th grade students attend during 2nd session
All 1st and 2nd session students are at Temple from 11am-11:30pm.
- All Beit Noar (K-5) and B’yachad (6 & 7) students participate in Family T’filah in the Sanctuary. Families are encouraged to participate with them!
- All Beit Tichon (8-12) students participate in a community and bagel brunch session.
Our 1st and 2nd sessions are structured differently from one another:
- 1st session is a primarily focused on time in grade specific classrooms with teachers and madrichim (teenage teacher assistants) and a weekly music lesson. Students in our 1st session can still participate in our Music Education programs.
- 2nd session is divided into two courses: multi-age track and grade-specific core. After school-wide T’filah ends at 11:30, students in 2nd session spend 45 minutes (11:30am to 12:15pm) of 2nd session in multi-age track courses. Students spend the remaining hour and 15 minutes (12:15pm to 1:30pm) in grade specific core classes. Afternoon students will also have music twice a month.
- All tracks are infused with Jewish learning and values, designed by a teacher, lay leader, or volunteer who is a professional in their field.
- There are many diverse track options available to students, including our Music Education programs. Projected additional tracks include: Knitzvah, Recording Stars, Drama, Mitzvah Family Track, Jews in Sports, Technology (film or podcast creation), Hiddur Mitzvah (Jewish Arts), and Cooking.
- Projected tracks may change before the year begins based on teacher availability, supplies, and space.
- Students in 2nd session will be sent more detailed information about tracks before school begins in the fall.
- We are still looking for qualified individuals to lead track courses! Qualified individuals include lay leaders and parents! Please let us know if you or someone you know would be a great addition to our track leadership team.