Please join us for the 2018 Congregational Retreat!
Build community by enjoying 24hrs of Shabbat together with your Temple Beth Shalom family. Have fun, make friends, be inspired!
Adults, Kids, Families, Singles, Couples, New Members, Old Members...Everyone!
Union for Reform Judaism’s Greene Family Camp (GFC)
1192 Smith Lane, Bruceville, Texas
About 90 miles north of Austin.
Dates & Times:
Start: April 20th, 2018 (Exact Time TBD)
End: April 21st, 2018 (Exact Time TBD)
Enjoy songs, learning, sports, film, discussions, and other activities while socializing and getting to know each other. We’ll have a variety of fun elective activities for all ages, providing something for everyone. Friday night includes dinner, a mixer, Shabbat services overlooking the lake, a campfire, and Oneg with games, schmoozing and music. Participants will sleep overnight at the camp with a choice of private or group rooms. Saturday morning includes morning services, with options for both adults and families, and your choice of activities ranging from Israeli dancing or Gaga dodgeball to a learning and discussion activity with the Rabbis. Lunch, mixer, and songs are followed by a group educational activity and more elective options ranging from sports or nature walk to films & discussions, arts & crafts, or games. All activities are designed to get people interacting; you can also take down-time and schmooze with others whenever you want. Dinner and Havdallah close the evening before returning home to Austin.
- The program includes four meals, oneg, and snacks.
- Options are available for special dietary needs (please specify on registration).
- Greene Family Camp (GFC) has motel-style private rooms and camper cabins, all of which have bathrooms and are air-conditioned and heated.
- Private Rooms have two single beds and a bathroom with bath or shower which is sometimes shared with an adjoining room.
- Camper Cabins work well as group rooms for 2-3 families or groups of adults to share, with everyone sleeping on bottom bunks only. We match people strategically and by request.
- Families with children are strongly encouraged to share a cabin with other families. It’s fun!
- Important: Everyone must bring their own sheets or sleeping bags, pillows, and towels.
- The rooms are very basic. Think “Camp,” not “Hotel”. But please note that you will not be in your room much of the time. It is really just for sleeping one night.
Need a ride? Or can you offer a ride? Please indicate on registration. Carpooling will be facilitated!
The prices shown below were for 2016 and might change for the 2018 retreat. The prices were all-inclusive for programming and activities, overnight lodging, and food. We make every effort to keep these costs as low as possible to accommodate more participants.
(before March 7)
(after March 7)
|Camper Cabin||$65 per person||$75 per person|
|Private Room||$80 per person||$90 per person|
|Kids Age 3 and Under||Free||Free|
Don’t Let Cost Be An Issue!:
Reduced rates are available for those who need. Please see the registration form.
How to Register:
Registration is not currently open for the 2018 retreat. Please check back in early 2018. All registration will be handled online.